Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: *Bad* reviews.....

  1. #1
    barbsg
    Guest barbsg's Avatar

    Post

    It seems a lot of ppl have been upset over negative reviews of Darren's songs of late in certain magazines.

    Is it just me or it is unrealistic to expect the review to always be good? There are sooooo many songs that don't appeal to me!

    I do, however, dislike it when the reviewer makes a personal attack on the artist not just the song!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Ivana's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2002
    Posts
    2,229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree with you Barb [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    DarrensPassion
    Guest DarrensPassion's Avatar

    Post

    Exactly Barb [img]smile.gif[/img] It's OK to be objective in your criticisms of songs, it's when they start with the personal remarks against the person that make me annoyed.

    Janie xx

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Laurina's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,154
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think it is good when an artist recieves both good and bad reviews. It means that their work is being looked at fairly and objectively.

    I rarely get bothered by a bad review because A) I don't take it personally and B) Darren is a big boy and can handle the critique.

    I do agree with you Barb, a review that contains a personal attack against an artist is not what I consider to be a good review because the reviewer is not doing their job. Their job is to remain objective and comment on the musical value of a piece of work. Including personal comments about the artist himself, is not doing that.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Kattitude's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 11th, 2002
    Posts
    1,453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    after 16 years following Bon Jovi I have heard ever bad review their is. Most artists get Bad reviews. Its not all aimed at Darren. Its just a review to sell a magazine. They dont really care what they are saying. Quite often they have no idea what they are talking about. I figure the artist doesnt care... and nor do I.

    Kat

  6. #6
    barbsg
    Guest barbsg's Avatar

    Post

    Thanks ladies, for the feedback!

  7. #7
    Twizzle
    Guest Twizzle's Avatar

    Post

    Fortunately though, the stalwart readers of the magazines in question have the average IQ of a bowl of soup so I don't think that there's too much cause for concern [img]wink.gif[/img] LOL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •